Last updated 14 May 2019 – see all updates
- 1. Principal facts and numbers
- 2. By ethnicity
- 3. Methodology
- 4. Information sources
- 5. Download the information
1. Main facts and numbers
- In line with the 2011 Census, females and girls composed 51% associated with the populace of England and Wales, and guys and men made 49%
- Many cultural teams had approximately the male that is same female populations
- There clearly was a bigger feminine than male populace when you look at the Chinese, Black Caribbean as well as other White ethnic teams, where females and girls comprised 53% of this populations that are respective
- There was clearly a bigger male than feminine populace into the Arab group that is ethnic where males and men comprised 58% of this populace, and among individuals who defined as every other ethnicity (54% males and men)
The Census is planned and performed because of the working office for National Statistics (ONS) every a decade hot russian brides in England and Wales. The final Census happened in March 2011.
The Census could be the only study to offer an in depth image of the entire population of England and Wales. It generates it possible to compare some other part of the united states as all households are asked exactly the same questions in the time period that is same.
When it comes to 2011 Census, around 25 million pre-addressed questionnaires were published off to any or all households employing a specially developed address register that is national. Households could get back their questionnaire by post or complete it on the web. Census workers delivered questionnaires by hand to individuals located in domestic care houses, hospitals, hostels, boarding schools, college halls of residence, mobile house parks, army bases along with other public establishments.
94% of households finished the 2011 Census. Of these, 97% responded the question about ethnicity.
This information stops working the populace of England and Wales by sex and ethnicity. The split between women/girls and men/boys is shown for every ethnic group.
The Census is held in England and Wales every ten years to get information on everyone located in the nation on a date that is specific.
The census offers the source that is only of comparable data both for little areas and minority populace teams across England and Wales.
The data the Census provides permits central and municipality, wellness authorities and several other organisations to prepare housing, training, health insurance and transportation solutions for many years in the future.
The Census works on the set that is standard of teams to gather and classify ethnicity information.
The 2011 Census used 18 standardised cultural groups:
Asian / Asian British:
- Any other background that is asian
Ebony / African / Caribbean / Ebony British:
- Some other Ebony / african Caribbean that is/ history
Mixed / several ethnic groups:
- Mixed White and Ebony Caribbean
- Mixed White and Black African
- Mixed White and Asian
- Some other Mixed / Multiple cultural history, please describe
- English / Welsh / Scottish / Northern Irish / British
- Gypsy or Irish Traveller
- Some other White background, please describe
Other cultural team:
- Some other cultural team
2. By ethnicity
|black colored African||48||52|
|Mixed White/Black African||50||50|
|blended White/Black Caribbean||50||50|